** Click back arrow to RETURN
Click to ENLARGE
Internal construction will lengthen the useful life of the furniture
- As a citizen of the world it is prudent and socially responsible to manufacture product in the most efficient eco-friendly methodology possible. It is also good business. We continually strive to increase our efficiency in manufacturing our furniture with less energy used per unit. We look for materials that we find sustainable or recycled sources. All Leathercraft furniture is manufactured in North Carolina which reduces the urban foot print of the energy used to import product from abroad.
- Premium grade seat cushions of polyurethane foam that contain small coil innersprings engineered specifically for seating comfort, long wear, and plushness. Leathercraft uses 2 pound per cubic foot density, pure polyurethane foam which encapsulates the coil springs. The high density and high resiliency of the polyurethane foam provides a longer life of the cushion.
- Down, feather and fiber cushions are also available, affording a deep, plush, “sit-in” experience.
Loose seat and back cushions can be adjusted for comfort as opposed to attached seat and back surfaces.
- Loose zippered cushions also afford the opportunity for easy replacement if damage should occur to the surface of the leather; i.e.: scratches, cuts and abrasions. Leathercraft also offers an ultraplush down feather and fiber seating system for the ultimate “sit-in” experience.
- Seat cushions contain 20% soy bean oil (American grown), which reduces non-renewable components (oil) by 61% and reduces energy consumption by 23%. Polyester back cushions are manufactured with 100% recycled post consumer materials (soda bottles). Therefore, no new raw materials are committed to the manufacturing process. The cushion material meets California code TB-117.
- Below and supporting the seat cushions, Leathercraft utilizes tempered high-carbon steel, double cone, coil springs that are matched to each seating style to provide the best possible seating. The seat springs are 9″ coils which provide deep, plush seating and ensure resilient performance year after year. These coil springs are eight-way hand tied and secured to polypropylene sheeting which is reinforced with steel bands. These steel bands run from rail to back rail and from side to side. You get added resilience, greater comfort and noise free performance. The springs used in our product are manufactured from steel that is over 50% recycled materials. Where the design of the items does not permit the use of eight-way hand tied coil springs such as in a recliner or sofa sleeper, because the recliner/sleeper mechanism takes up all of the room under the cushions, then the finest Pirelli Resilient Rubber Webbing or sinuous steel springs are used.
- All frames are padded with a layer of insulated deck cover, followed by a blanket of cotton for comfort and durability. Backs and arms are covered with cotton felt and urethane foam to provide a firm smooth padding under the leather covering. Back construction varies as dictated by specific styling for each piece.
- The structural frame components, utilizes 1 and 1/4 inch northern maple hardwood which is kiln dried to reduce moisture. The hardwood, thickness, plus moisture reduction which prevents expansion and contraction allows the frame to last a lifetime. The joints are corner-blocked, double-doweled and fastened with wood screws which creates stability and durability. Over 90% of the lumber used in a frame comes from forests that are renewed and certified and adhere to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
- The exposed wood finishes are hand rubbed and waxed requiring 19 steps on cherry wood and 12 steps on maple wood. Note the depth and clarity which is indicative of quality. Three coats of clear lacquer are then applied for a lasting and beautiful finish. All finish colors are water based, therefore no toxic solvents are used.
- Leathercraft manufacturing saves energy and materials by recycling paper, cardboard, leather scraps, wood waste and heat generated machinery.
- Leathercraft Inc. warranties their furniture for a limited lifetime to the original residential purchaser to be free from defects in tailoring, frame and spring construction.
Sale Price, questions, order... Call everyday 12-10pm Eastern 800-603-7133
Leather Furniture USA